On the first couple of sunny days this spring, while a lot of Belles are preparing for their spring or summer weddings, Belle Beirut visited “Wed Art” and interviewed Mirella El-Roumi the young entrepreneur behind the idea!
The special ‘bridal and beyond’ fashion boutique is more like a fashion gallery: HUGE, quite eclectic, and definitely fashion forward! BelleBeirut totally loves it!
Having walked around the gallery, we’re bringing you the exclusive interview with Mirella El-Roumi, insider photos of the gallery, and our fashion editor’s favorite items in it!
Lets start with the gallery :
1. First of all, Belle Beirut wants to know who is Mirella El-Roumi & how long have you been interested in Fashion?
I am 23 years old, a graduate of AUB holding a BA in Marketing and I am currently the managing partner of Wed Art.
Fashion has always been my passion. I didn’t have major interest in following fashion trends, though. I rarely buy my clothes and accessories from chain stores. Around Beirut, for example, most girls look alike, wear the same clothes, adopt the same style; but I am not a trend follower even when everyone else is. I believe fashion is a means of self-expression. Every woman should have her own unique style.
2. Introduce “Wed Art” to our readers especially our Belles planning their weddings.
– Wed Art opened the retail store in November. We have been wholesalers for years. We used to sell hair tools and evening accessories. We decided to expand our target market, and add B2C to the company. We partnered with Fleur Art (well-known flower shop and founded Wed Art).
– Wed Art is actually a wholesaler and retailer of wedding dresses and bridal supplies, favors, accessories and gifts for all occasions.
– We target the middle class mainly, in this economy “Fashion on Budget” is increasingly becoming a necessity.
– Wed Art mainly caters to the needs of brides to be, by offering a large and wide selection of quality products, including wedding supplies, home decoration and honeymoon essentials.
3. The idea is pretty much unique; especially that it has a special theme. How did it develop?
– Our aim is to provide brides to be with most all they need for the D-Dday and beyond. Most importantly, we aim at offering high end quality at fair prices.
4. Who encouraged you?
My father, besides being an auditor, has always been passionate about business. He has always been a big inspiration to me. I always wanted to work with him to grow and develop the family’s business.
5. Can you tell us in detail what kind of Fashion “Wed Art” offers?
Wed Art offers bridal & night gowns as well as fashionable accessories, including jewelry, silk scarves, natural fur scarves, hair accessories, clutches, handbags, & many more.
6. How do you pick your items? Do go more with ongoing fashion or the customer taste? Do you pick every item yourself?
I pick every single item by myself, along with my partner when he has the time to travel. I tend to search for items that are different and unique, that cannot be found anywhere in the market. I take into consideration the ongoing fashion of course (since I have to!!). We also try to stay a step ahead of the season, providing colors and designs that are expected to hit the runway within few months.
7. Can you tell us more who is your target customer? Whom is “Wed Art” targeting besides brides to be??
Wed Art targets fashionable women who want to stand out in a crowd, when it comes to the fashion they wear, the décor in their houses, & the gift they offer!
8. We saw from the Facebook page that new collections come regularly and on special occasions. How do you manage innovation and fashion turnover?
We offer new collections regularly, so that we keep our customers on their toes! We perform regular screenings of the avant-guard fashion scene to stay up-to-date.
Check out our favourite items from the Gallery
9. The boutique looks quite eclectic, which is pretty much a new concept in Lebanon; how do you see the market reacting to this new type of Fashion Shops?
The market is reacting positively. We are regularly getting positive feedback from our regular and new customers, especially brides to be because they find almost everything they need, for them and their brides’ maids or flower girl! Customers obviously like to find everything they need in one place, it’s just very convenient and time-saving!
10. Where can our readers find “Wed Art” and how do we communicate with you?
Wed Art showroom is located in Saloumeh, Dekwaneh, Texas Street, Behind Alba University, next to Medco Station, 1st floor, Bachoura building.