BelleBeirut brings you the recipe of this famous classic American cookie with a twist. It is a treat no matter what the age or occasion. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
100 grams of butter, room temperature
1 cup honey
1 tablespoon water
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups of crushed oatmeal
½ cups of Chocolate Chips
½ cups of Peanut Butter Chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, honey, eggs and water
3. Sift together the flour, Baking powder and salt then stir in the oats. Add the dry
ingredients to the wet and mix.
4. Split the batter in half and place it into two balls, fold in the chocolate and the peanut
butter chips in each separately.
5. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray (just for convenience)
6. Scoop a teaspoonful and place the batter in the palm of your hand, using the other hand
to role it into balls and press them into cookie shapes, then place them on the baking
sheet onto the cookie sheet.
7. Bake them for 12 to 15 minutes
8. Cool the cookies on a wire rack