Cheese Fondue is a wonderful cheese infused meal to enjoy with someone you love.
For the fondue
• 300 grams gruyere cheese (grated)
• 100 grams emmental cheese (grated)
• 100 grams brie cheese (chopped)
• 100 grams camembert cheese (chopped)
• 300 ml white wine
• 2 teaspoons cornflour
• 3 tablespoons kirsch (Cherry Brandy)
• 1 clove garlic (peeled)
• 1 pinch of pepper
• 1 pinch of nutmeg
For the dipping
• French baguette bread but into cubes
• Slices or cubes of zucchini
• Slices or Dices of vegetables that you like
1. Put the chopped or grated cheese into the fondue pot with the wine and heat until boiling on the hob, by which time the cheese should have melted.
2. Turn the pot down to a simmer. Slake the cornflour with the Kirsch in a small bowl, and add to the fondue pot along with the garlic clove.
3. Season with the pepper and nutmeg, stir well and place the fondue pot over a flame at the table.