Celebrate the Holiday Season with tasty Christmas Cookie Recipes from BelleBeirut’s chef.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
125 grams of chocolate chips
125 grams of peanut butter chips
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees F.
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; cream together on medium
speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add the honey to the butter and sugar, and mix again
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the vanilla and eggs.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and continue to mix until a
smooth batter forms.
6. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray it with nonstick cooking spray
(just for convenience)
7. To form the cookies, scoop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough into your hands and roll it
around into a ball; place it onto a nylon sheet and cover it with another sheet and gently
press down the top of the dough to form a rounded cookie.
8. Transfer the cookie onto the cookie sheet, repeat for all cookies placing them 2-cm
9. Use the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips to design the top of the cookies
10. Bake until the cookies are light brown, 12 minutes for chewy cookies, or about 15
minutes for crispy cookies.
11. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a
wire rack to cool completely.
Jad M. Rouhana