Check out this delicious Haleweh & Cucumber Crepe Rolls recipe from BelleBeirut’s Jad Rouhana.
300 grams of all-purpose flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
250 ml of milk
250 ml water
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
50 grams unsalted melted butter
Pinch of salt
Cucumbers (peeled and sliced long ways)
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl with a pinch of salt and make a well in the center.
2. Add the milk, water and vanilla together.
3. Pour the eggs in the center and whisk in; drawing the flour in from the edges. As the
batter becomes thicker gradually add the combined milk and water, whisking until the
batter is smooth and free of lumps.
4. Pour in the melted butter and stir to combine. The batter should be the consistency of
pouring cream. Transfer the batter to a jug for easy pouring, cover and set aside for 30
5. Heat a 20 cm wide nonstick frying pan and brush lightly with the melted butter.
6. Pour in a little batter and swirl to thinly cover the base.
7. Cook until the edges just begin to curl and lift off the pan with a brown color, turn and
brown the other side.
8. Slide the crepe on to a plate and add the Haleweh and the cucumbers to one of the
sides as seen in the picture.
9. Roll and cut into 2 pieces.
Jad M. Rouhana