Few rainy days already, and we’re seriously into the winter mood; and the winter fashion we assume as well!
Scanning the fashion weeks, and fashion media out there, we brought you here the essentials to shop for this AW12 as mid-season sales are starting to pop-up here and there a little too early this year.
1. Our rule number 1 this years is “Burgundy”: It’s definitely the “IT” color for every single item. Make sure you stock in two to three burgundy pieces; we vote for heels, handbag and coat!
2. Statement Collars: Whether accessories or statement collar tops, you’ll need them for quite a while even past AW12.
3. Fabulous Leopard: Somehow always in, we don’t have much to say about this everlasting classy trend.
4. Small Colored Prints: Lots of them, all of them, and odd combinations of print-over-print.
5. Peplum: Obviously the trend is here to stay for a while, make the best!
6. The Boyfriend Coat: Oversized and highly structured, you won’t have issues of size with this trend.
7. Leather: On tops, hats, jackets, pants and dresses. Leather is into lots of combined pieces this year.
8. Winter Whites: White is in, so in this season! And besides white, some winter pastels are also featuring this season.
9. Dazzling Metallics: And our favorites come on dresses, specifically siren shaped dresses! Strong metallics are still in.
10. Peep-Toe Booties and Printed Pumps: Lots of us, ladies are hooked on these sexy colorful trends. Keep your pedicure fresh, it is also here to stay! Pointy caps are also featuring this year.
11. Oversized Clutch: Your clutches this year, especially those you hold by day, are a little oversized. Our favorites are those in crocodile prints and burgundy shades.
12. Fabulous Hats: Oversized, colorful and maybe a little over the top. Are you a hat person?
13. Shoulder Detailing: Still straight, sharp cuts and quite edgy. We love it.
14. Statement Cuffs and Rings: The trend is here to keep making edgy impressions, and we definitely love it for that!
Now that we’ve got your shopping list covered, mid-season sales are quite close, stay ready!
Patricia I. Issa
Belle Beirut Team